Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Aston in Progress

So I was in Monterey this weekend for the Historics (vintage car races). I saw a few Aston martin DB4s and was reminded of just how beautiful they are. Here's my attempt to do a retro-modern version. I know it isn't as sporty as the current Astons, but man, wouldn't it be great to have a more stately Aston available?

I didn't finish, so instead decided to show a few 'in progress' images (not so much a tutorial as a mere progress report).
The first is my initial line drawing; it's rough I know, but for some reason I'm having real trouble with my Cintiq pressure sensitivity (I just can't get it where I want right now and I'm waiting for my new computer before going gangbusters on the paint portion of Alias StudioTools).
The second is with key body lines pathed and stroked (okay, so I made up pathed as a verb).
The third has some core shading done on the body side. . . a long way from done, but I was finished for the day (about 65 minutes so far, slow I know, but I wasn't rushing).

No comments: