Friday, July 25, 2008

So I was thinking of modifying a perfectly good. . .


Suzuki DR650 dual-sport bike. I sold one motorcycle (1998 Honda VTR1000 Superhawk) and was thinking of getting a replacement as a project bike. I threw together some concepts before deciding that I couldn't really get the thing low enough without compromising the steering head geometry. Result - project cancelled. This is the sort of thing I waste my spare time on!

The top one is a minimalist city bike, the bottom one more of a flat-track style bike. I love the look of the huge 21" front wheel, even if it doesn't make sense for the kind of bike I was trying to make. On the other hand, the wheels are sort of a mess as I didn't have any circle templates big enough and I made a mess of it with a ridiculously flimsy compass.

These are just verithin and marker on A3 Letraset. It had been a while since I had done anything this involved on paper and I just wanted to dust off the old art bin full of tools. I was even too lazy to go and replace my dried out white guasche, so the highlights are white-out specials.

Okay, I'll admit it, I'm sort of a photoshop junky these days, but when they give you a big Wacom Cintiq at work it is hard to ignore the benefits of the digital age!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet sketches. I'll keep checking! Keep it up!